We are able to provide the services of an occupational health practitioner to undertake.
• Seafaring Medicals on behalf of the Maritime Coast Guard Agency
• ML5 medicals on behalf of the Maritime Coast Guard Agency
• Recreational (PADI) Diving medicals
• Oil and Gas UK offshore medicals
• Driving medicals including Forklift, LGV, HGV and taxi medicals
• Confined spaces medicals
We are able to provide the services of an HSE appointed medical practitioner to undertake statutory medicals in the following categories.
• The Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999
• Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
• Control of Lead at Work Regulations 2002
• Diving at Work Regulations 1997
Where there is a requirement for health surveillance, we are able to provide the services of a qualified occupational health nurse working with an occupational health physician to undertake health surveillance services either at our premises or on site for the following.
• Audiometry / hearing testing
• Spirometry/lung function testing
• Drug and alcohol testing
• Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) Screening under The Control at Work Regulations 2005
Sickness absence monitoring
Occupational Health plays an important role in assisting managers to achieve low sickness absence rates thorough prompt impartial advice on employee health issues, including the obtaining relevant medical history from the employee’s general practitioner where necessary and with the appropriate consent.
We are able to offer the following consultations at short notice and in most cases a report will be provided that same day or next day.
• Management referral for return to work assessments
• Management referral for role capability
• Management referral for ill-health retirement
• Night-worker assessment
This helps safeguard the employer’s medico legal position and to fully consider a prospective employee’s fitness for a particular post. Esplanade Healthcare can provide pre-employment health screening fully compliant with the Equality Act 2010.
We can provide our own pro-forma or adapt existing ones.
Initial screening is performed by an Occupational Health Nurse or an Occupational Physician